Abstract Guidelines Abstract Submission
Submit your abstract to WREC2022 and have the opportunity to present your research at the conference. If accepted, authors can present as an oral or poster presentation.
Please read the guidelines before submitting.
Late abstract submissions will be considered.
Abstract & Poster Review Process
Abstracts submitted for presentation at the Conference will be reviewed. Authors will be advised of their acceptance and presentation type by 22nd August 2022.
The review criteria include:
- Significance/importance of the topic
- Aims and objectives
- Quality of analysis/coherence of argument
- Relevance of findings for theory/policy/practice
- Overall evaluation (including contribution)
The deadline for submitting full papers is 5th February 2023. The acceptance of the full papers for further review will be communicated to the contact author by 2nd April 2023.
Full Paper Guidelines Paper Submissions
All papers submitted by the appointed deadline, and in the correct format, will be reviewed by the academic review board for submission for peer review to the selected online journal. Authors will be advised whether their paper will be sent to the one of the five journals referred to below or rejected. No fee will be charged for the publication. Authors can choose whether to go forward for peer review in one of the five journals or appear only in the conference proceedings book published by Springer Nature. Papers can appear in both an online journal of the author’s choice and the proceedings but only, for copyright reasons, with a minimum of 75% difference in text between the two.
Papers submitted by the due date and in the correct format may be submitted for peer review by the conference review board to any one of the following five journals.
Renewable Energy & Environmental Sustainability (REES) below is a more general journal, and official partner of the World Energy Congress, whereas journals 2, 3, 4 and 5 are more specifically oriented.
Manuscripts should at first instance be submitted online as directed in the website. The conference review committee will then determine whether the quality of the paper submitted is adequate to be sent to one of the five journals for peer review and authors will be instructed on the submission process thereafter.
Please indicate which journal, if any, you wish to submit to, and after a preliminary review by the conference review committee we will let you know whether your paper is accepted for you to submit directly.
- Renewable Energy and Environmental Sustainability (REES – www.rees-journal.org) – an Open Access journal publishing innovative papers in Renewable Energy and Sustainability. Types of article include research articles, review articles, novel applications, theoretical analysis and technologies, and Editorials covering areas including efficiency improvement, energy conservation and sustainability, policy issues and education for sustainable environment and finance.
Journal Topics: see the website for details
- Sustainability (www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability) – an Open Access online MDPI journal with a high impact factor. A limited number of papers on the following topics will be peer reviewed prior to acceptance for publication:
- A cost-effective approach to increasing the share of renewable energy.
- SDG-responsive energy planning through an integrated approach.
- Pathways towards transforming the global energy sector from fossil fuel to zero carbon by 2050.
- The synergies between renewable energy and energy efficiency to optimize the share of renewable energy in final energy consumption.
- Energy systems modelling and optimization to achieve net zero emission reduction under the Paris Agreement.
- Identifying and mainstreaming the impacts of interlinkages between energy and other SDGs into energy planning.
- Energies (www.mdpi.com/journal/energies ) – an Open Access journal with a high impact factor which publishes original, peer-reviewed papers related to scientific research in energy, technology development, engineering, and the studies in energy policy and management.
See the website for details
- EPJ Applied Physics (www.epjap.org) – a peer-reviewed international journal devoted to the promotion of recent progresses in the field of applied physics dedicated to materials and solid-state sciences properties. The articles published in EPJ AP span a large spectrum of applied physics research for materials and solid-state properties.
See the website for details
- Sustainable Buildings Journal (www.sustainable-buildings-journal.org) - a peer reviewed international journal included in the Elsevier EI Compendex database aimed to develop an inter-disciplinary platform for the dissemination of knowledge and practice on the engineering and technical issues concerning all aspects of building design, technology, energy and environmental performance. The result is an eminently useful publication for researchers, academics, students and industry professionals. The primary focus of the journal is to advance knowledge on the forum of the global sustainability practices and to stimulate the exploration and innovations aimed at creating a climate resilient built environment that reduces energy consumption and environmental deterioration and creates high quality indoor spaces, taking into account all aspects of indoor environmental quality. The journal will be a key resource for engineers, architects, physicists, urban designers and researchers working to meet the challenges of sustainable buildings. Peer-reviewed content will address issues and topics on sustainable buildings.
See the website for details
- Metallurgical Research and Technology (www.metallurgical-research.org) - a peer-reviewed bi-monthly journal publishing original high-quality research papers in areas ranging from process metallurgy to metal product properties and applications of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, including light-metals. It covers also the materials involved in the metal processing as ores, refractories and slags.